Facebook is the social media platform through which you can communicate with friends and get to share your thoughts, photos, and videos. And you can access Facebook from the web directory, android, and iOS. And while using Facebook through your android, if you are having issues with Facebook not updating on Android, then you can take the reference from the bottom title.
If you are facing the issue which has been stated in the above title, then here are the few factors that might be responsible for that. And by taking out that might solve your problem.
Not enough space
Before going to update Facebook, you can check your phone's storage because all the data you download will be stored on the device. And when you tap on the update icon, a few files get downloaded to complete the process. So your device must have that much space left in order to complete the process.
Facebook also has the update option under the application, and when there is an error, you are not able to download the update. If that is so,o then try switching it on and off. And the steps to do so have been stated below.
Wrong date and time
After applying the above method, if your Facebook is still not working, check your date and time to see if they are according to the correct time zone and if they are not, then correct it because of the correct time and date the app sends the appropriate data. And if there are places wrong, it will affect the app, and you will not be able to install the new version of Facebook.
Before thinking about the other phenomenon, you can check your cellular data pack or if you are using the wifi, then check if you have a proper plan and internet access. When you don't have such a thing, then you will not be able to download the update. Moreover, to be sure, you can borrow the internet connection and try downloading the update. Still, if you have the same issue, try reading beneath points.
Due to the Facebook server
When you have applied all the solutions according to the issue but cannot complete the download, the Facebook server is also one of the reasons that the server also needs maintenance, and during this time, you might not be able to update Facebook. If this is so, try to update after some time and if you face the same issue, then communicate with the Facebook customer support that will help you through the process.
When you are using Facebook on your android device, then at a time you have to update to avail of the new feature. And if you wish to know about the update steps, take a glance here.
Hence, when you refer here, you will get the answer for Facebook not updating on Android, reason, and update process. After this also your issue is not resolved, take help from customer support of Facebook.
Here are some common reasons for Facebook not updating include:
1. Your device is out of date - Make sure that your device is up-to-date and has the latest security patches installed. This will ensure that Facebook can connect to it properly.
2. Your Facebook account is locked or inactive - If your Facebook account is locked or inactive, it may not be able to access new updates. You'll need to contact Facebook support to reactivate or unlock your account.
3. Your network or internet connection is unstable - If it is unstable, it may be unable to connect to Facebook and receive updates. Try restarting your devices and checking your internet connection.
4. Glitches- Sometimes, Facebook is not able to update because there is a technical issue and you are facing glitches while updating Facebook.
5. Facebook Server Down- If Facebook is the server down, you will not be able to update Facebook on your phone.
6. Log out and log in to your Facebook account- If you are not able to update your Facebook account. You can log out of your Facebook account and do login again.
7. Different Time Zone Settings- If you have a different time zone setting, you will not be able to update your Facebook account. Please check your time zone settings.
Please contact Facebook for assistance if you're still experiencing problems with not updating your phone.
If you want to update your Facebook account to a new version and design for Android, here are some steps that you have to follow:
Open a Facebook account.
Click on three dots and go down and select the switch account option.
If you do not like the new version of Facebook, you can click on the three dots again and select the switch classic to Facebook option.
When you use these steps, you will be able to switch your account to a new version.
Clearing your Facebook cache can be a helpful way to troubleshoot issues with your Facebook account. Clearing your cache will delete any information that is no longer being used by Facebook, including posts, photos, and videos.
To clear your cache:
1. Log in to Facebook.
2. Under the Account tab, click on Settings.
3. Under General Settings, click on History and Privacy.
4. On the History and Privacy page, under Clear history every visit, click on the button next to Clear history now.
5. Click on the button to confirm your decision and click on Save changes to close the settings window.
By clearing your browser's cache, you should help improve your device's speed and ensure that your web pages are loaded from the server instead stored locally.