Gmail not syncing with Apple mail
Apple generally provides a dedicated mail app for its end users. It not only allows you to use an apple based account but also allows the users to login into different mail servers like Gmail but sometimes Gmail users complain about synchronizing issues they face while using apple mail.
Some of the common reasons which lead to this issue are:
- Server issues: Sometimes, when the mail server is down, it doesn't allow proper communication between the apple mail and Gmail.
- Incorrect settings: Certain settings need to be enabled in order to establish a link between the two mail services.
- Connectivity issues: Poor internet connection can also hinder syncing between Apple mail and Gmail.
Solutions to resolve if Gmail not syncing with Apple Mail:
So here are suggested ways that can be used if Gmail not syncing with Apple mail
Check your internet connectivity: poor internet connection may lead to delayed loading of a page that might result in syncing issues between Gmail and apple mail.
You can always fix this problem by simply following the steps mentioned::
- Visit the 'settings' section of the device >wifi and turn on wifi
- You need to Select the network and enter a password if required.
- To connect to a hidden network, click on the "other" option and enter the name security type followed by the password.
Update your application: Sometimes, an outdated application also leads to the poor functioning of the application, so it is better to update your application whenever required. This can be done by following simple steps:
- Visit the "App Store" of your device.
- Search for the application
- Hit the update option
- Select update using wifi/LTE.
Enable settings in your device: correct settings are required for the proper functioning of the application. This can be done as follows:
- Go to settings on your device.
- Hit accounts and passwords in the menu bar.
- Tab on Gmail account
- Enable the toggle button in front of a mail
- Now open the mail application and refresh it; sync will happen.
Change Gmail security settings: Sometimes, you need to change the Gmail security settings in order to resolve the problem; for this, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit your Gmail account page following the given link https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Go to the left-hand side of the screen, and there you will find the security tab. Click on it.
- Here you will find the 'Turn on the access' button.
- Finally, the tab 'turn on the access.'
There are some other ways that can be tried if Gmail not syncing with apple mail:
- Try rebooting your mobile phone.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the application again.
- Remove the application and setup again: If you have tried all the mentioned steps and still the problem prevails, then you can try uninstalling the application and installing it again. Removing your account may lead to the loss of your important data, so it is highly recommended to backup all of your data before removing your account so that when you install it again, it can be recovered.
So here we have discussed the various possible ways which should be tried if Gmail not syncing with Apple mail. Also, what are the possible reasons which lead to this issue. Hopefully, the article helps you to resolve your syncing problem between Gmail and apple mail.
Some Related Blogs
How to recover deleted Gmail Account?
Gmail Spell check not working
Gmail not syncing with Outlook