How to cancel McAfee subscription?
McAfee is one of those companies that has made us all dependable on its service to protect our devices & to keep them updated. But there are chances when the customers are not really satisfied with their services & want to cancel their subscriptions. There are also incidents when the users want to switch to different alternatives for their device security, but due to a lack of proper knowledge, they are not able to discontinue their ongoing subscriptions. If you are also worried about "how to cancel McAfee subscription?" you will find detailed information about the same in the forthcoming section.
How to cancel a McAfee subscription on different devices
The users can follow the instructions to cancel their subscriptions via different devices. Though the steps are almost similar, you must pay attention to the details, as small changes are crucial.
Cancel McAfee subscription on IOS/ IPAD
If you have purchased your subscription from the Apple App store, then you can cancel it by using the following steps:
- Visit the setting section of your IOS device & from the top of the screen, tap on your name & Apple ID.
- Now under the subscription section, look for all the active subscriptions.
- When you come across your McAfee subscription, proceed to click on the cancel option.
- Finally, end the process by hitting the confirm button.
- You can also subscribe to it later if you want by hitting the subscribe button.
- To claim a refund, you need to contact the Apple App store as the terms & conditions of Apple do vary according to different regions & countries.
Cancel McAfee subscription through browser
You need to follow the following instructions to end your subscription via browser:
- Visit the official McAfee website through your browser & login into your existing account by entering your credentials.
- Now you need to press "Auto-Renewal."
- After which, you will be displayed an update setting option; tap on it.
- A small window will pop up; you must proceed by clicking on the "end my membership" option.
- After that, you can also claim a refund for your cancellation.
If you are using an android device & still wondering "how to cancel McAfee subscription?" then you can refer to the immediate section to clear your confusion.
Cancel McAfee subscription through Android
You need to follow the below-mentioned instructions sequentially only if you purchased your McAfee subscription from the Google play store."
- Begin the process by using the McAfee security app on your android smartphone or tablet.
- Next, you need to tap on the gear icon present at the extreme bottom of the page.
- Press on my account & enter your credentials to login into your McAfee account.
- Scroll down & click on the attribute stating auto-renewal.
- You will soon come across update settings under renewal; tap on "end my subscription."
- Finally, confirm your cancellation by hitting the checkbox "end my membership."
- You can make a request to receive a refund by contacting the Google play store since you buy the subscription from there itself.
- You will receive a confirmation once you end your McAfee subscription on your registered number or email address.
What is another available alternative to cancel the McAfee subscription?
If you don't cancel your subscription, then you can stop its auto-renewal & enjoy using its service until the subscription ends completely. This is a great option as it prevents your credit cards from being charged periodically.
To stop auto-renewal, you can simply follow the given steps:
- Visit the official McAfee website and login into your existing account to begin the process.
- Next, you need to navigate to your account, where you will be displayed a list of your subscriptions.
- Tap on that particular subscription which you want to cancel auto-renewal
- Turn the toggle button off of the auto-renewal and finally end the procedure by clicking the confirm button.