Microsoft Account Recovery
Forgetting the Microsoft account password is now common. Not using the password manager can be the reason for this. Complex passwords are hard to remember. However, if you have forgotten your password again for your Microsoft account and are locked out of your PC – which might be an account at Hotmail.com, outlook.com, or anything else, you cannot recover the same password but it is quite simple to recover your account by resetting the password again where you have to generate the new password. In this article, we will show you the process of Microsoft account recovery.
How to Recover Microsoft Account
Steps to recover the Microsoft Account:
- Microsoft account recovery is not that tough and you just have to follow a simple procedure to get your account back. The procedure is also not time-consuming.
- At first, you have to open the password reset page of your Microsoft account in your browser.
- Below the heading “Why can’t you sign in”, you will see the box named “I forgot the password”.
- Click on that. It will be right there at the top of the page.
- Click Next. You will find this at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address for which you want to reset the password.
- Enter the verification code in the box below the text field of the email address into “Enter the character you see”. This is located near the bottom of the page. You can also click new to reset the code. The letters and the alphabet found in the code box are case sensitive. Click Next.
- Select the option of resetting the account. If your phone number is not registered, you will find the email. If you don’t have anything, then click on I don’t have any of these and follow the on-screen instructions that will help you get your account back.
- Enter your phone number or email address. The phone number should be filled under the text option and the email address should be filled below the option of email.
- Then, click on the send code which is a blue button at the bottom of the page. This will send you the recovery code to your phone number or email address.
- To recover forgot Microsoft account password, you have to retrieve the verification code. You can do this by clicking on the link sent to you on your email ID or by entering the verification code sent to your phone via text message.
- Enter the recovery code in the text field in the middle of the page and click on Next. If your verification code matches, then you will be redirected to the password reset page.
- Enter your new password in the “New password” field and re-type it to confirm. Click Next.
- Click Next when prompted. This will help you to get back to the sign-in page where you can sign in to your account using your new password.
Microsoft Account Recovery Phone Number
When you take the steps of the Microsoft account recovery, there are certain things that one should remember. The phone number that you enter as an alternate number should be the one that is in use and the same goes for the email ID too. The verification code should be entered correctly as this can only take you to the password reset page where you can enter your new password.
How to recover old Microsoft account?
Microsoft account is the way of creating your own personal account through which you can very easily manage your services that are provided by the Microsoft team at their portal. The Microsoft account is the most used service in today’s era as it is the most vulnerable & effective & secure way of getting your identity safe & getting approval from the Microsoft services.
Now if in case you are getting trouble with your Microsoft account then, in that case, you must know that can easily recover your old account by just changing the password & you will retrieve your old account back from Microsoft. Now if you want to know about how to recover old Microsoft account so that in an appropriate way you learn how to get the process done without any hassle.
So, for that you must follow these below-mentioned steps to recover your old account back;
- At first, you will open the login page of Microsoft
- Then you will enter the email id of your old account that you remember
- After that, you will have to tap on the option forgot password
- Now you will have to select the try another way option
- Now you will receive your verification code on the registered email id or on the phone number
- Get the verification code & type it into the verification field box
- And you will get the page where you have to change the password accordingly with a new & confirm password
- At last tap on the save changes option & your account will get retrieved automatically.
Read Also: - Outlook is not connecting to server